I’m a dog person, through and through. I don’t hate cats, but I’m not fond of them either. However, for some strange reason, cats like me. I did not ask them to like me, they just do.
In my estimation dogs are better pets. They love you unconditionally, they listen, they mourn with you, and when you’re gone, even for a small amount of time and you arrive back home they act as if you’ve been gone forever and shower you with love. What’s not to like about all that?
But, like I said cat’s like me. I can be over at a friends house (or even an acquaintances house), they will own a cat and it will be hidden (but I can smell it). Then, after a few minutes, it appears, right between my legs making a rubbing figure eight. The owner will look down and be astonished. They tell me, “He (or she as the case sometimes is) never comes out when I have company.” Or they’ll say, “She’s not fond of people but she seems to like you.”
Even the feral cats in our neighborhood will come up to me. They run from everyone else. So why me? What is it that draws cats to me? Is it my smell? Do they sense something in me that they like? Whatever it is, it’s very strange.
- moonpsyche said: Cats also love unconditionally and they also mourn in your absence, BUT unlike dogs, cats need to be shown this love FIRST. I find that dogs are very loyal regardless of the degree of affection their owner shows.
- goodbyeolepaint said: What is it about people who don’t like cats? I just don’t get it. My cat does all the things you just listed that dogs do!
- aylarenee likes this
- thatssoquack said: Cats don’t like being looked at. Staring is a challenge. If you don’t look at them they feel a lot more comfortable around you. A lot of cat lovers look at cats so they get ignored while dog lovers don’t pay them any mind and get too much attention.
- teacup likes this
- zombie-cats likes this
- sameerjha said: Dogs hate me. Have been trying to figure that out for a while.
- beverleyshiller said: It has been my experience that cats will always gravitate to those they know are not fond of them (as long as there is no threat) and I believe they are simply trying to convince you that liking them is a good idea!
- minnough said: if they fall for you, they love forever. my cats wait at the window for me to come home, jump on my lap and purr like they never want to part. one rubs against my face and meows when I’m sad or stressed, a comforting friend. so cats are good.
- stelleappese said: I thought I was a dog person too, but I found out that it kind of depends on the cat. I’ve got two cats now, one only shows any kind of affection if he’s hungry, the other is really sweet and friendly and waits for me to come home to cuddle/play :3
- worldofone likes this
- karanablue said: You must be calm and balanced and kind. Cats will only approach calm people they know will do no harm. On a lighted note, if they smell dog on you, they might just find you curious.
- vanderlylegeek said: i am tempted to unfollow simply because of this post.
- charliehalter likes this
- mrsrobinsonsghost said: cats are a very good judge of character! my cat Nicholas is a lap whore - meaning he just about luvs everyone who comes in my apt if they pet him. however, there have been 2 ppl that he refused to come near: both of whom turned out to be very bad ppl
- wordpainting posted this